Our long-established Agricultural works division successfully uses the varied in-house resources of the group to offer clients a single point of contract for their project requirements whether it be traditional contracting, design and build or full turn key developments.
We are seeking an experienced Estimator with an Agricultural building background to join our Estimating team.
Your key activities will include but will not be limited to:
- Prepare quotations and submissions.
- Measuring and ‘Quantity Take-off’ from drawings/sketches.
- Produce Bills of Quantities.
- Source pre-project information and analyse sub-contractor quotations, agreement and enquiries.
- Attend site visits to understand scope of works and client requirements.
- Attend estimate review meetings with Senior Managers.
- Attend pre & post contract client meetings.
- Investigate cost effective and/or alternative solutions.
- Input data entry onto estimating software.
- Develop knowledge and learn about latest techniques.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Your Qualifications and Experience should be:
- Ideally with 5 years or more of proven agricultural estimating experience.
- A team player who is a confident communicator with all members of staff.
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain a good working relationship with colleagues, clients and suppliers. Must have a personable character.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily and weekly basis.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
- Site experience is advantageous.
Job location – Carnwath (other site visits required)
Application can be submitted using the BHC Job Enquiry Form.