BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies within the UK and Ireland.
Due to continuous expansion, the opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Estimator within our Estimating department (steel/construction).
There will be a mix of in house and external training provided to develop your skills which will include various software packages.
Estimators form an integral part of the commercial team and their role if often wide and varied as each project often holds a different challenge.
Duties of the Trainee Estimator will include: –
- Review drawings, specifications and determine any unusual requirements that may apply to the project or sub contract items that may form part of the required scope.
- Co-ordination of various sub-contract packages if applicable.
- Discussions with client pre-tender period where required.
- Prepare a schedule of quantities or ‘Take Off’ for the steelwork, allocating material and labour costs specific to a particular project.
- The ability to interpret the information received and communicate with the client or colleagues is paramount.
- On contract award, relay relevant information such as contract information including specifications, cost build-ups, programme, potential risks and contractual issues to our internal team responsible for constructing the project.
Experience and qualifications:
- Preferably the successful applicant will be educated to degree/HNC/HND level in a construction based subject.
- Ideally will have experience using AutoCAD software and experience using BIM.
- Individuals are required to be self-motivated, determined and have strong mathematical capabilities.
- Good communications skills.
- Good IT skills with all Microsoft packages and the ability to pick up new software quickly.
Job location – Carnwath.