BHC is one of the UK’s leading construction companies supplying new building projects all over the UK and Ireland. Due to continuous expansion, we are seeking a Site Manager to work on up and coming projects throughout the UK. The Site Manager will report directly to the Project Manager on all matters relating to the day to day running of the site.
Your key activities will include but not limited to: –
- Ensuring that the project target dates and the critical path are maintained.
- Effectively monitoring and controlling work flows, staff resources, plant, material & call off schedules.
- Take ownership of agreed construction programmes at pre-start meetings and assist the Project Manager in accepting and checking the full construction package information being handed by Quantity Surveyors/Design Managers/Project Managers/Senior Management Team.
- Timely production of accurate reports on progress for circulation to clients and internal teams as and when required.
- Liaise and communicate with other contractors on appropriate issues to ensure consistency with communication and the speedy resolution of any issues.
- Responsible accurate record keeping of quality control documents and ensure that additional works are requested in a timely manner and agreed with the client. Ensuring that sub-contract works are carried out in accordance with quotations and or specifications. Ensure site based prelims are kept to a minimum.
- Management of sub-contractors so as to maximise contract performance against KPI’s, minimise default notices and penalties and ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Monitor Health & Safety and amend/compile all necessary documentation.
- Great leadership, time management and communication skills, as well as the ability to motivate a team.
Your Qualifications and experiences should be:-
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing projects.
- Significant experience over a range of engineering topics. Ideally to include construction management experience.
- CSCS Card at Site Manager Level.
- Valid First Aid at Work Certificate.
- Valid SMSTS Training Certificate.
Good IT skills with all Microsoft packages and able to pick up new software quickly.
Candidate must be willing to travel to sites throughout the UK and stay away from home when required.