BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies, supplying and erecting fabricated steel nationwide within the UK and Ireland.
We currently have a vacancy for a Paint Shop Foreman. Reporting directly to the Workshop Manager, the role will be to provide safe, efficient and effective management of plant, labour and materials, to ensure that production and quality objectives are achieved.
- Daily management of resources within the paint shop and to liaise with loaders (plant and labour).
- To liaise daily with management on workload and targets.
- To ensure regular maintenance is carried out on all equipment consistently.
- To allocate coatings jobs to the team.
- To ensure that all Coating Operatives apply materials per the standard methods/procedures.
- To maintain an acceptable standard of cleanliness/housekeeping.
- Ensure scanning of work is carried out correctly and efficiently.
- Monitor and implement the correct usage of PPE.
- Set up a work schedule in advance of the team’s daily start time.
- Mentoring of trainees and apprentices to suit company methods.
Previous supervisory and mentoring experience would be advantageous however training will be provided. The ability to effectively plan, both day shift and night shift workload to achieve customer delivery requirements.
Must be able to work under pressure and have confidence in their decision-making abilities. You will be able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, possess good interpersonal skills and can prioritise a demanding and varied workload.
Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential as is a positive, proactive approach to work, along with 2 years’ experience in protective coatings.
Applications are invited from self-driven individuals who can lead and motivate the team ensuring all targets are met, and quality standards are maintained to both internal and customer specifications.
If you are interested and have the necessary skills please apply via the Recruitment section of our website, and complete our Job Enquiry Form and attach your CV.