An opportunity has arisen for an experience Mechanic/Fitter to join our team at Carnwath to help maintain an expanding fleet of construction machinery for use throughout the UK. The successful candidate will mainly be based at Carnwath, although they will be required to carry out work on site from time to time.
Working within a team to ensure all vehicles and plant are maintained and serviced in accordance with the manufacturers requirements. To carry out servicing and repairs to all of our company plant, which would entail working on the following types of machines, telehandlers, MEWPS, mobile cranes, trombone, standard lorry trailers and all other types of construction based plant.
- Servicing, repairs and inspections to vehicles and plant.
- Experience with plant and construction equipment, ability to work on their own initiative.
- The ability to fault find within the electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems will be an advantage.
- Job commitment.
- Clear communication skills, and the ability to use their own initiative to order parts etc.
- Level 3 and time served in heavy plant.
- Experience of working with construction and agricultural equipment will be an advantage.
- Qualification in 6 Weekly Checks also advantageous.
Salary negotiable for the right candidate. Company offers good working conditions, company pension scheme and attractive holidays.
Applications can be made using the BHC Job Enquiry Form.