BHC are an established contractor who have various divisions within their Company Group.
Our long-established Main Contract works division successfully uses the varied in-house resources of the group to offer clients a single point of contact for their project requirements whether it be traditional contracting, Design and Build or Full Turn Key developments.
We are currently seeking an Estimator with a Civils/Building background join our Main Contract estimating team.
Your key activities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for Civil/Building projects.
- Examine incoming tenders and review contract potential.
- Measuring and ‘Quantity Take-Off’ from drawings.
- Producing Bills of Quantities.
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements and enquiries.
- Build up tender price from first principles based on the scope of works, plans, specification, programme.
- Cost planning.
- Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication.
- Attend pre and post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
- Collect and distribute feedback.
- Investigate cost effective and/ or alternative solutions.
- Input data entry onto estimating software.
- Comply with BHC ltd procedures.
- Maintain awareness of latest techniques.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Required Experience and Qualifications should include:
- Ideally with 5 years or more of proven estimating experience with large Civils or Main Contract companies.
- An HNC or degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering. Not critical for an experienced estimator.
- Experienced with various forms of Contract, such as JCT and NEC, relevant Civils/Building works as well as various methods of measurement including SMM7 and NRM2.
- Experience in Design & Build as well as other standard construction types of construction work.
- A team player who is a confident communicator with all members of staff.
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers and have a personable character.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily and weekly basis.
- Microsoft office proficient.
- Ideally with experience in the use of Microsoft Project or other project programming software.
- Estimating software experience, preferably Causeway.
- Site experience is advantageous.
Job Location – Carnwath with some site visits
Applications can be submitted using the Job Enquiry form located on the Recruitment page.