BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies supplying and erecting fabricated steel nationwide within the UK and Ireland.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the business to manage and develop our HR operations within the company.
You will be responsible for coordinating and taking responsibility for all areas of the Human Resource management across the company including:-
- Implementing a formal HR structure across the organisation in line with best practice and employment laws, this will involve developing and implementing policies on issues including training and development, succession planning, performance management, equal opportunities and disciplinary procedures.
- Providing expert HR support to managers and employees on all HR related matters which reflect current employment legislation, processes, policies and best practice in order to develop an engaged and positive company culture.
- Manage the new starter and leaver process including management of induction plans.
- Co-ordinate and monitor all employee relation cases including disciplinary, grievance, performance management and probationary periods.
- Monitor short and long-tern sickness absences in the appropriate manner to include return to work interviews, individual absence/health reviews.
- Full oversight and coordination of the end to end recruitment process.
- Other administrative tasks as required.
Skills and Attributes:-
- Excellent negotiating and coaching skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Organised and proactive, with the drive to deliver results and manage self effectively.
- Confident with well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working to deadlines and adapting to changing conditions.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience handling confidential material.
- The flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Excellent IT Skills, particularly MS Word and Excel.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:-
- CIPD/Human resources management qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- At least 4 years’ experience in an HR Generalist role.
- Experience of advising line managers on employee relations procedures and absence management.
- Sound employment law knowledge and the ability to use that knowledge into practice.
- Proven track record in an HR role demonstrating experience in named areas, specifically – Employee Relations, Performance Management and Recruiting/Staffing.
Job Location: Carnwath