BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies supplying and erecting fabricated steel throughout the UK and Ireland.
Due to continuous expansion we are seeking Graduate Quantity Surveyors to work in our Surveying department.
An element of training will be required using software and systems, the final role will include and require you to:-
- Manage all costs relating to projects including reporting.
- Assisting estimating where required.
- Reviewing contracts and preparing contact documents.
- Understanding and knowledge of types of contracts and conditions.
- Sub contract ordering.
- Preparing interim valuations/final accounts.
Graduate Quantity Surveyor essential skills:
- Well-developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach.
- Commercially astute.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and planing skills.
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating and demanding workload.
Graduate Quantity Surveyor essential attitudes:
- Safety focus.
- Customer focus.
- Positive and flexible approach.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Open to innovation.
- Open to collaboration.
- Right first time approach.
- Proactive with ability to think ahead.
- Strong personality and professional approach.
Graduate Quantity Surveyor essential knowledge:
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Educated to degree level as Quantity Surveyor preferred. HND level will be considered.
Job location – Carnwath, South Lanarkshire with some site visits.