BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies, supplying and erecting fabricated steel nationwide within the UK and Ireland.
We currently have a vacancy for a Fabrication Foreman. Reporting directly to the Workshop Manager, the role will be to assist in leading, supervising and monitoring the performance of the Production Section, ensuring quality standards are consistently achieved. To maintain effective and efficient labour utilisation ensuring production targets and customer expectations are met.
- To assist with shift changeovers, ensuring that correct materials, documentation and clear instructions are available for the next shift.
- To ensure that company policies are always adhered to.
- To lead by example.
- To continually review manufacturing processes and suggest improvements.
- To identify any training requirements for employees and assist with training where required, assist in the training and development of apprentices as and when required.
- The daily management of resources within the paint shop and to liaise with loaders (plant and labour).
- To liaise daily with management on workload and targets.
- Carry out weekly audits on a rotational basis with colleagues.
- Ordering and control of all purchased items related to your production line.
- Ensure full traceability for all parts and accurate reports are available for clients.
- Ensure crane checks are carried out daily and accurate reports are submitted.
- Monitor goods in / out area and ensure the area is kept under control.
- Ensure inductions and risk assessments are carried out before commencement of work.
Previous supervisory experience would be advantageous however training will be provided. The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively plan utilisation of labour resources.
The ability to work under pressure and be able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, possess good interpersonal skills and can prioritise a demanding and varied workload.
Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential as is a positive, proactive approach to work.
Applications are invited from self-motivated individuals who can lead and motivate the team ensuring all targets are met, and quality standards are maintained to both internal and customer specifications.
If you are interested and have the necessary skills please apply via the Recruitment section of our website, and complete our Job Enquiry Form and attach your CV.