BHC are an established contractor who have various divisions within their Company Group.
Our long-established Agricultural works division successfully uses the varied in-house resources of the group to offer their clients a single point of contact for their project requirements whether it be traditional contracting, design and build or full turn key developments.
We are seeking an experienced Estimator with an Agricultural building background to join our Estimating team.
Your Key Activities will include but not limited to:-
- Prepare quotations and submissions.
- Measuring & ‘Quantity Take-Off’ from drawings/sketches.
- Produce Bills of Quantities.
- Source pre-project information and analyse sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
- Attend site visits to understand scope of works and client requirements.
- Attend estimate review meeting with Senior Managers.
- Attend pre & post contract client meetings etc.
- Investigate cost effective and/or alternative solutions.
- Input data entry onto estimating software.
- Develop knowledge and learn about the latest techniques.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Your Qualifications and Experience should be:
- Ideally with 5 years or more proven agricultural estimating experience.
- A team player who is a confident communicator with all members of staff.
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and supplies and have a personable character.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis.
- Microsoft office proficient.
- Site experience is advantageous.
Job Location – Carnwath (other site visits required).