BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies supplying and erecting fabricated steel nationwide within the UK and Ireland.
We currently have a vacancy for an Accounts Assistant / Administrator to support our busy Accounts department.
Basic duties of the role will include:
- Accurate and timely processing of sub contract pay certs, purchase invoices and supplier statements.
- Completing purchase ledger tasks within issued deadlines.
- Creating purchase orders within accounting system.
- Preparation of nominal ledger journals, miscellaneous receipts and payments.
- Preparing Ad-Hoc invoices and reports for weighbridge activity along with recording vehicle information upon entering/exiting our site.
- CIS submissions to HMRC.
- Liaise with suppliers, sub-contractors and internal departments.
- Dealing with employee accommodation, travel and expenses.
- Administration of company fuel cards and fuel reports.
- Cross support other team members with a view to meeting deadlines.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience working within an Accounts/Finance department.
- Computer literate including MS Office packages.
- Knowledge of accounts payable/general ledger procedures.
- Knowledge of experience of month end processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have a strong ability to manage their own workload and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and work within deadlines.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and be a pro-active member of the team.
- Proactive, reliability and punctuality is key in this role with excellent attention to detail.
Qualification in Accountancy is desirable but not essential.
Job location:- Carnwath, South Lanarkshire.