BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies supplying and erecting fabricated steel nationwide within the UK and Ireland.
We currently have a vacancy for a Cost Management Accountant within the Company who will report directly to the directors and senior management.
Candidates should have a minimum of three years’ experience developing project cost accounting methodology and processes as well as implementing these processes with ongoing projects.
Basic duties of the role:
- Manage and drive through change initiatives as identified.
- Understand and document key processes, whilst seeking streamlining opportunities.
- Develop KPI reporting and analysis.
- Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible and to set best practice across the organisation.
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business.
- Reconcile and submit VAT returns to HMRC.
- Prepare payroll reconciliations for Direct and Indirect wages.
- Prepare Fixed Asset Schedule and depreciation allocation.
- Any Ad-hoc financial reporting as required.
- Manage and lead accounts department team and ensure all deadlines are met.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong investigative & analytical ability.
- Excellent attention to detail in order to accurately report any variances to budget for the duration of projects.
- The individual must have a strong ability to manage their own workload and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Good team player.
- Demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm to making a valued contribution to the company.
- Solid accounting skills, diligent and accurate.
- Excellent spread sheet skills, including being comfortable with pivots, advanced formulae and charting.
Qualification in Accountancy is desirable but not essential.
Job Location:- Carnwath, South Lanarkshire
Applications can be sent via the BHC Job Enquiry Form