- To review load sheets for structural steel loads, ensuring that each load is set out in a stable manner, working to BHC Loading Procedures.
- To operate overhead cranes for the positioning of materials whilst building the load.
- To ensure that all materials are secured as per BHC Loading Procedures prior to the lifting of loads on to trailers for transportation.
- To ensure that the loading operation does not compromise the product quality.
- To adhere to work schedules for priority loadings as issued by the loading Manager/Supervisor.
- To maintain an acceptable standard of cleanliness / housekeeping within the loading bay at all times.
- To communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with all colleagues and Sub Transport Contractors.
Knowledge and Experience
- A working experience with structural steel would be advantageous for this role.
- Experience in the use of Overhead Cranes / Telehandlers would be advantageous.
- The job requires an individual who can work as part of a team or on their own, meeting targets and deadlines as set by the loading management team.
- Full training will be provided.
This is a key role to the business and required an individual who will be courteous toward all Management, Colleagues and Clients and has the ability to comply with Health and Safety Regulations.
Job Location: – Carnwath
Applications can be made using the BHC Job Enquiry Form located on the Recruitment page.