BHC are an established contractor who have various divisions within their Company Group.
We are currently seeking an Estimator with a Structural Steelwork background to join our Estimating team.
Your key activities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for the preparation and the subsequent negotiation of tender submissions for steelwork projects.
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements and enquiries.
- Measuring and ‘Quantity Take-Off’ from drawings.
- Input data onto estimating software.
- Produce Bills of Quantities.
- Build up the tender price from the first principles based on the scope of works, plans, specification and programme.
- Produce the tender report in preparation for the tender adjudication.
- Attend pre and post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
- Collect and distribute feedback.
- Investigate cost-effective and/or alternative solutions.
- Comply with BHC Ltd procedures.
- Maintain awareness of the latest techniques.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Your qualification and experience should include:
- Ideally, 5 years or more proven estimating experience in the Structural Steelwork industry.
- A team player who is a confident communicator with all members of staff.
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, suppliers and have a personable character.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily and weekly basis.
- Microsoft Office proficient ideally, with experience in the use of Microsoft Project or other project programming software.
Job location – Carnwath, South Lanarkshire with some site visits.
If you are interested and have the necessary skills please apply via the Recruitment section of our website, and complete our Job Enquiry Form and attach your CV.