We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join the company to assist with the efficient and effective management for the day to day running of the Manufacturing Facility.
You will be responsible for: –
- Ensuring that the facilities, layout and machinery used to produce new and existing materials and goods run to their maximum efficiency and output.
- Total preventative maintenance, managing breakdowns of mechanical, electrical and robotic equipment (including software programming).
- People management and budgetary/cost reporting.
You will report to the Production & Works Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to: –
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Efficiency and organisation
- Teamworking skills
- Shift working and overtime as required
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
- Diagnosing breakdown problems
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Improving health and safety policies and procedures
- Working with specialist equipment, such as CNC Saw, Drilling & Plasma Equipment.
- Make sure risk assessments are carried out individually and departmentally.
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
Job Location – Carnwath, South Lanarkshire.
Application can be made via the BHC Job Enquiry Form.