Civil Working Foreman
BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies supplying and erecting fabricated steel nationwide within the UK and Ireland. BHC also undertake Main Contract, Industrial and Agricultural Projects for which Groundwork/ Civils squads are carried.
Due to the growth and expansion of the business we are recruiting a Civil Working Foreman to join our busy teams working UK wide.
Our construction projects vary from main contract to commercial units and agricultural buildings.
As a key member of the construction team you will be required to work within a team and undertake a wide variety of construction projects.
Experience as a working foreman is essential, working with groundworks civils squad, ideally with experience working on various projects including agricultural.
You must also have an in-date SMSTS / SSSTS, CSCS with First Aid being desirable.
Reporting to the Construction Manager and Project Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Plan the resources required in line with the site programme to ensure targets are met and monitor health and safety, ensuring all operatives are wearing the correct PPE.
- Carry out site inductions, tool box talks, check certifications.
- Understand the Company Health and Safety Policy and ensure that it is brought to the attention of all employees.
- Supervise various trades and subcontractors.
- Be involved with the construction of commercial and agricultural projects.
- Various groundworks including the setting of levels and excavations, concreting works including slabs, foundations, formation works, drainage and reinforcement.
- Larger projects may require coordinating and interfacing with other works such as steel erecting and cladding.
- Expected to be aware and raise alarm at the presence of dangers on site and adhere to strict health and safety regulations.
Qualifications / Experience:
SMSTS/SSSTS. CSCS and CPCS operationg licenses preferred (although training will be given).
Experience of carrying out the role with civils contractors / construction companies.
- High levels of self-motivation
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Peer relationships
- Action oriented
- Time Management
- Personal Learning
- Team Working