Trainee Construction Programmer/Planner
BHC is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Construction companies supplying and erecting fabricated steel nationwide within the UK and Ireland.
We currently have a vacancy for a Trainee Construction Programmer/ Planner to centralise all of the company’s project & labour plans.
Duties of the Programmer will include:
- Develop Construction/Tender programs.
- Conduct site visits and look through the works and drawings when required.
- Review contractor schedules and schedule risk analysis.
- Produce progress/program reports in conjunction with Project & Construction Managers.
- Updating project and site teams with all new project planning information.
- Produce weekly look-ahead programs and manage critical paths.
- Advise project teams of any changes or threats and potential steps to counteract these.
Minimum requirements of the role:
- Candidate must be qualified to degree level in Construction Management.
- Candidate will preferably have 1+ years site experience together with experience of planning within the construction industry.
- Working knowledge of the construction process and principles.
- Great communication skills.
Good IT skills with all Microsoft packages including Microsoft Projects or similar version and the ability to pick up new software quickly.
Job location – Carnwath with site visits when required.