Main Contractor / Civils Estimator
BHC are an established contractor who have various divisions within their Company Group.
Our long established Main Contract works division successfully uses the varied in-house resources of the group to offer clients a single point of contact for their project requirements whether it be traditional contracting, design and build or full turn key developments.
Due to continuous expansion, we are seeking an Estimator with a Civils/Building background to join our Main Contract estimating team.
Your Key Activities will include but not limited to:-
- Responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for Civil/Building projects.
- Examine incoming tenders and review contract potential.
- Measuring & ‘Quantity Take-Off’ from drawings.
- Producing Bills of Quantities.
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
- Build up tender price from first principles based on the scope of works, plans, specification, programme.
- Cost planning.
- Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication.
- Attend pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
- Collect and distribute feedback.
- Investigate cost effective and/or alternative solutions.
- Input data entry onto estimating software.
- Comply with BHC Ltd procedures.
- Maintain awareness of latest techniques.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
You’re qualifications and experiences should be:
- Ideally with 5 years or more of proven estimating experience with large Civils or Main Contract Companies, an HNC or degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering. Not critical for an experienced estimator.
- Experienced with various forms of contract, such as JCT and NEC, relevant to Civils/Building works as well as various methods of measurement including SMM7 & NRM2.
- Experience in Design & Build as well as other standard construction types of construction work.
- A team player who is a confident communicator with all members of staff.
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers and have a personable character.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
- Ideally with experience in the use of Microsoft Project or other project programming software.
- Estimating software experience preferably Causeway.
- Site experience is advantageous.
Job location – Carnwath with some site visits.