Conversion of former aircraft hangar into:
• Insulated Storage Facility
• Vehicle Testing Bay
• Vehicle Wash Bay
This redevelopment project for Andrew Black Haulage included over-cladding the existing structure and installing new concrete floors. The fully-insulated storage facility provides 53m x 29m x 7.5m of warehousing capacity for bulk and loose goods.
The project also included the instalation of vehicle inspection pits; MOT VOSA office and vehicle testing bay, and the construction of an automated vehicle wash bay, which is the first of its kind to be installed in the UK.
The Tammermatic high-pressure washer has fifteen programs and can wash cars right up to the largest of heavy goods vehicles – any shape or size.
- A programmed card is inserted into machine from outside the washer.
- The door automatically lifts.
- A laser beam triggers the underfloor chassis and wheels washer when the vehicle drives in.
- The vehicle is sprayed with chemical.
- It can be washed with 75 bar pressure jets and brushes, or just brushes only.
- It can wash tankers or rung-sided tippers with high-pressure jets only.